So, I didn’t have time to do a war game RPG for this year, but I decided to make up for it with a theme pack for Mythic GM Emulator.
In Mythic Variations, it explored the idea of using different themes and changing the Focus Chart and how Chaos Factor is done to fit the tone of the theme in question.
For this, I will be making a theme pack based around War.
War, primarily the genre of war films, is an evocative genre that contains not just the extremities of violence but also the goodwill of the fellow man. The focus is heavily on major battles and the lives that are changed as a result of it.
This theme is to replicate the feeling of a war film using Mythic GM Emulator, though, for best results, can be paired with this PDF, which offers new words that fit more closely to the theme of war.
There are special rules to the Chaos Factor for this theme. The following rules apply:
- Doubles (11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, 100) guarantee a Random Event, no matter how high the Chaos Factor is.
- Rolling an 11, however, guarantees a Random Event where all negative or Violent events are replaced with the Camaraderie event.
- Rolling 10 for the Scene Roll results in Scene Interrupt where all positive or Camaraderie events are replaced with the Violence event.
Event Focus Table
There are a couple of events added to the table that are unique.
- Violence: A battle immediately breaks out.
- Camaraderie: A peace-filled event happens that strengthens the bonds of the party.
- Lose Weapon: Similar to the event mentioned in the Zombie Focus Table, a character (chosen at random) loses access to a weapon of theirs.